Thursday, January 27, 2011

Film School archive media is off the starting blocks

Here we go. I have started to load up the archive we are going to use, namely Cast and Crew. We have the rights department thumbs up. We have checked out the paperwork know as a PasC (Production as Complete) and the contracts created in the OU/BBC co-production.

Thinking about this as a potential resource?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00xpnz4/Hollywood_The_Sequel/

I am handling the media centrally on Final Cut Server (FCS). I am able to digitise from Digital Betacam or trans-code from the high definition camera sources directly to this server of 28 Tera Bytes. The studio has a 2Gbps link directly in to the FCS. I have a main T156 production in the root of the server and all respective individual projects will be under this header. These projects will be checked in and out as they are worked on by myself or Rick. I am able to edit footage from the studio Mac Pro, or from my office workstation on my MacBook pro. I have a single bound 1Gbps network connection from here. When editing locally off the server i check out the project file only, not the media so my laptop is not tied up with 10's/100's of Giga bytes of footage.

Tomorrow is finalizing the media plan with Rick and starting to script the video clips we are creating. Also some thinking about a Viral.

Next week we start to record and this is a great feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment