Saturday, December 1, 2012

A training video

More student work I stumbled across - one of the EMAs from the last presentation that I didn't mark.  I think this is a really nice example from one of the groups of students we were interested in teaching about video; media professionals who wanted to extend their skills base and develop their video skills to complement their existing practice.

Anthony Kennedy is an executive coach with a creative background, with a website at
http://ipadcoaching.com/, and two books under his belt. His training video is a cracking example of the genre and you can see the value of his experience in the production values he displays - have a look at the behind the scenes documentary.



Open University T156 EMA (EMA option 1 - Training Video) from Anthony Kennedy on Vimeo.


EMA Documentary (EMA option 1 - Training Video) from Anthony Kennedy on Vimeo.


4 comments:

  1. Hmm, not the best in my view, this is a 'training video' but there is a difference between getting the point - what do I really want to do? - and the instruction, how to do it. For most new tech the real issue is what do I really want to do? but all we get is how to do it. This is like most school stuff so you can understand where they are coming from. I will teach you Roman history and eventually you may (but probably won't) understand why I am teaching this. So, I would start with, why use an iPad? Not the sell stuff, the real stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that's fair to an extent. I think the other side of it though is it's worth thinking of films like this in their context. So given it fits with an ipad coaching website, perhaps the question it's answering is not "Why use an ipad" or "How can I use an ipad", but rather whether Anthony Kennedy is the right person to show you how to use an ipad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks interesting, and I have contacted him to explore some iPad (and iPhone) support.

    I could really use some.
    c.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I had seen this before I set up my ipad mini. Very atraightforward and useful.

    ReplyDelete