Sunday, October 23, 2011

Acceptance speeches

We just announced our 5th hero of the week, someone who really embodies lots of the qualities we wanted to celebrate.  He's often at hand in the forums with help for others and gives encouragement there and on OpenStudio from a solid enthusiasm for film-making.  I wanted to share his response on the blog because it's a good example of a tradition that's emerged in response to the whole hero/honourable mentions thing: acceptance speeches.  Well perhaps not so grand, but some really interesting responses from some great students, and here's what one of them has had to say:


Well thank you Chris and the team, I'm honoured and very pleased to pass on useful information that I've only discovered myself after making countless mistakes and overcoming obstacles in my own filmmaking work.
I must say that I am enjoying this course so much you wouldn't believe! and I've learned such a lot in the past three weeks, especially through refining my own workflow and thought processes, as well as becoming more focused in my work and discovering abilities that I never imagined I possesed!. Week 3 introduced me to an area of filmmaking that I've never previously encountered, and definitely one that I will be revisiting in the future. Also the tips, info and resources posted by everyone on the forum has been absolutely invaluable.
It's also great studying alongside those who are starting out in filmmaking as there is so much to share and filmmaking these days is definitely open to all.
I haven't had as much time for the forum or open studio this week due to working on the task, but I'm hoping to have it completed tonight and spend a relaxing few hours tommorow checking out and commenting on everyone's work.
Well done to all the honourable mentions, and the Bavarian beer sounds wonderful Chris. Looking forward to recieving my badge! smile
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment